About the contest
JA Americas presents the “Teacher & Volunteer of the Year” regional contest.
An outstanding opportunity for the Americas region, and for each country, to highlight the efforts
of our rising stars: the best teachers and volunteers that make our mission possible.
Who can nominate?
JA National offices from the Americas region (JA Executive Director or a staff member designated by him / her). Each JA National Office will be able to submit up to 2 candidates to each contest.
Who can be nominated?
Teachers and volunteers that meet the following criteria:
- Ability to “transform education” through candidates´ performance (innovation, new educational technologies, etc.)
- Demonstrated impact on students´ life.
- Alignment between their actions and JA´s mission.
Both Winners (Teacher of the Year and Volunteer of the Year) will travel to Lima, Peru, to participate of the 10th JA Americas Company of the Year Competition (November 25 – 28, 2018) with all expenses covered.
Deadline to nominate candidates: October 5, 2018
When the winners will be announced?
- Finalists will be announced through this website and JA Americas´ communications channels on October 17, 2018.
- Winners will be announced during the JA Americas Company of the Year Competition´s Gala Dinner on November 27, 2018 in Lima (Peru).